What are cookies and how long will they stay on my computer?
A cookie is a small text file that is saved, either temporarily or for a set period of time, on your device (computer, tablet, smart phone etcetera). Some cookies are persistent and stored on your computer until they expire, or you delete them, while other cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
There are two main types of cookies;
- persistent cookies which are stored on your device for a specified period of time (unless deleted by you), and
- session cookies which are stored on your device while you are using the website and deleted when you close your browser.
Cookies are categorized as “third-party” or “first-party”, depending on whether they are associated with the domain of the site or not. The difference between a third-party cookie and a first-party cookie is thus only a matter of which domain a browser is pointed towards.
What type of cookies does Verismo use?
The cookies we use on our website are the following types:
- Strictly necessary cookies à Allow you to navigate on our website and use its features.
- Functionality Cookies à Makes your website experience smoother, allow us to remember your website settings and preferences (e.g. preferred language).
- Bot Detection Cookies à Prevents bots from accessing our website, by processing various data about, among other, device used, clicking pattern and IP-address.
- Third-party cookies (e.g. Facebook) à With our permission, third party cookies are placed on our website by third parties such as advertising networks. These are mainly used to show you relevant and personalized advertisements, or to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, to record traffic flow, ad clicks, etcetera. Some of these cookies will require you to download specific software to prevent the setting of the cookie.
Cookies for ad measurement
|_fbp||To store and track visits across the site||3 months|
|__ss_referrer||SharpSpring Tracking Cookie and Session Identifier Token. Used to track visitors and form submissions.||30 minutes|
|hubspotutk||To store and track a users identity||6 months|
|__hstc||To store time of visit||6 months|
Cookies for statistics
|_gid||To store and count page views||1 day|
|_gat_*||Google Analytics cookie providing technical monitoring||1 minute|
|_hjSessionUser_*||Hotjar cookie that is set when a user first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to preserve the Hotjar User ID, unique to that website in the browser. This ensures that behavior on subsequent visits to the same website will be attributed to the same user ID||1 year|
|_ga||To store and count page views||1 year|
|_gcl_au||To store and track conversions||3 months|
|PHPSESSID||Used to store the users session variables||Session|
To store language settings
|__hssrc||When HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if the visitor has restarted their browser.||Session|
|__hssc||Store statistics anonymously||30 minutes|
|intercom-id-*||Identifying cookie for anonymous users using chat / support||9 months|
|intercom-session-*||Identifying every unique browser session forchat / support||1 week|
How to control and delete cookies
If your web browser settings allow us to place cookies on your device, you agree to Verismo’s use thereof. If you do not wish to accept cookies you can, by changing your web browser settings, automatically reject cookies, deleted cookies that has already been placed on your device or receive information every time a website requests to save cookies. Please note that if you turn off or delete cookies you may lose some functionality or not be able to benefit from the full potential of our website.
There are various ways to delete or reject cookie depending on what type of browser you use. By changing the settings in your browser you can control the automatic acceptance of cookies or delete all cookies which has been placed on your device. This is usually done under “options” and “preferences” in the browser menu.
For more information on how to change cookie settings or delete cookies on your browser, please visit the websites below:
Verismo Systems AB
111 39 Stockholm
Phone number: +46 (0)8 615 54 30